Export Global Address List (GAL) To Outlook Contacts
This article discusses about how to export the Global Address List contacts to a contact folder in outlook or a personal address book.
1. Open Outlook, add a personal folder and a Personal Address Book or a Contacts folder to your profile. (Microsoft Outlook 2000 and Microsoft Outlook 2002 use the term “Personal Address Book.” Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 uses the term “Contacts folder.”)
2. Create a temporary Contacts folder in the new personal folder that you just created.
3. Go to Tools menu, click Address Book.
4. In the Address Book dialog box, click Options on the Tools menu.
5. Under Keep personal addresses in: option select the name that you provided for the Personal Address Book or the Contacts folder, and then click Apply and OK.
6. Click to select the contacts that you want to add as Outlook contacts. If you want to export the whole GAL, Click on the first entry and press Shift +Down Arrow key till it reaches the end.
7. Right-click the selected contacts, and then click Add to Personal Address Book or Add to Contacts. The GAL entries are now copied to your recently created contacts folder.
8. On the File menu, click Import and Export.
9. Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
10. In the Select file type to import from list, click Personal Address Book or Contacts, and then click Next.
11. Select the temporary Contacts folder that you created previously, and then click Next.
12. Click Finish to import the contacts from your Personal Address Book or your Contacts folder to the Contacts folder in your personal folder.
Other Tech Tips
|Computer Repair In Austin
Home | Computer Repair | Data Recovery | Virus Removal | Contact Us | Blog | Jobs | Tech Tips | Computer Repair New York City | Computer Repair Round Rock